|Phoenix Union High School Alumni Association
In the Auditorium. Lower Level – 600 East Van Buren.
Open to visitors Tue., Wed., & Thur.
10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Entrance on East, or West sides
Call first to make arrangements to enter the auditorium.
The former PUHS campus, since 1996, is the home of The Arizona Telemedicine Program in Alliance with the University Of Arizona College of Medicine
PUHS Auditorium basement hall leading to the PUHS Alumni Assoc. Historic Office. Displaying the many trophies from former student events. Also on display (center image) is a section of the PUHS Stadium steel light girders.
PUHS Historic Office featuring memorabilia, Alumni hats, T-Shirts, and hat pins. + PUHS Yearbooks.
|Lower Lobby||The PUHS Alumni Historic Office is staffed by PUHS Alumni volunteers, who are called Docents. Usually a different volunteer one day each month. The Historical Center is open Tuesdays through Thursdays, from 10:00 AM 2:00pm.Contact the PUHS Alumni business office for more information.
|PUHS Stadium steel light girder.||About the Phoenix Union High School Alumni Association Downtown Historical Office
Following the closure of Phoenix Union High School in 1982, the PUHS Alumni Association was formed in 1985 with 265 Charter members. The Association now publishes a quarterly newsletter, and has a mailing list of nearly 5,000 Alumni. The Association was organize to keep the name Phoenix Union alive, to secure a permanent home for the trophies and memorabilia, and to preserve a part of our Phoenix history by obtaining historical status for the remaining campus buildings. Though many years have passed, through the efforts of the City of Phoenix, the Historic Preservation Office, City architects, and the timeless efforts o the PUHS Alumni Association, this goal has become a reality. The original PUHS Administration, Auditorium, and Science buildings are now on Landmark Status.These buildings will once again be a campus for learning through the University of Arizona College of Medicine. The PUHS Alumni Association maintains the Downtown PUHS Alumni Historic Office on the lower level of the Auditorium ,with displays of memorabilia in the lower lobby. and office. Docents will give first hand accounts of their school days, and have knowledge of campus history. Literature and PUHS Class Yearbooks are available to all visitors. The downtown Historical office # is 602-827-9010The PUHS Alumni Association business office is -PUHS District Alumni Association Office
2526 West Osborn Road, Building 2
Phoenix AZ 85017
Phone: 602-764-1689 FAX : 602-764-1688
Below are Miscellaneous Pictures
Class of 1964 Click here to see a 10 inch wide / 200 DPI.
Some browsers allow you to “Zoom” when the larger version opens.
Or, when the large photo opens, you can download it, and print it.
This is a large view of a section of the photo above this one.
The photo is currently in the new PUHS District Office, at 2526 W. Osborn.
It will probably be on display soon in the Historic Office, At the PUHS Old Auditorium, lower level.
L to R. Front row: Margaret Lester, 55, Lucy Gurule, 53, Reed Perkins, 54, Carol Perkins, 53, Art McKinn. 57, Nick Rios, 57, Roger Schartzer, 53, Rey Rivera, 49, Ken Gilbert, 54.L to R. Back row: Harold Pauletich, 60, Ron Catlett, 53, Gail Deal, 58, Ed Wood, 61, Rick Grenger, 61, Mike Scully, 63.
Click Photo above for a 10″ wide 200 DPI for printing.
Year  and, March 3rd, 2012, the 7th Street volunteers met after cleanup at MacAlpines, on 7th St. for a “Dutch treat” luncheon. The clean up volunteers divided up into two teams and walked up each side of 7th Street from the PUHS Auditorium parking lot to McDowell, picking up scattered trash. Reed Perkins, class of ’54, event coordinator, provided the hand tongs, so nobody has to stoop over. A trash container on wheels was pulled for gathering the trash. This is a twice a year “event” , Spring and Fall. Our best weather times.
Join in. Simply show up at 10:00 AM in the free parking – parking lot, North of the Science bldg. For more information, give Reed a call. 602-840-4726 It usually only take about an hour and a half to walk the clean up and then, everyone has lunch at MacAlpines, NE corner of 7th St. & Oak. Click their logo to visit their site.
First meeting of the Alumni Board of Directors, at the new District Alumni Office, 2526 W. Osborn.
Click Photo above for a 10″ wide 200 DPI for printing.
Coyote Logo History. Click image for an 8″ x 10″ 300 DPI Printable, or to read copy.
Plaque Donated to the PUHS Alumni Historic Office by the Class of 59, 11-10-9 – Courtesy of Pete Zorbas, 59.
Replica of original Stadium neon display.. Currently at the PUHS Alumni District Office.
11-18-9 Visit to the Downtown PUHS Historic Office.
Charley Cano, 63, Mina Maytorena, 63, and Larry Christian, 59, the “Docent” for the day.
1951 THANKSGIVING DAY GAME BALL PUHS 33 – NPHS 0 DONATED BY BOB BLACK CLASS OF 1951
After being packed away in a trunk for 58 years, Bob Black, 51, recovered the 1951 Thanksgiving Day Game Ball. Coach Patterson gave him the ball after the game. Bob made the game ball into a trophy, and donated it to the Phoenix Union High School Alumni Association.
Bob Black, Class of 52, at the PUHS Historic Office, November 25th, 2009, as the Docent for the day.
LuAnn, far right, Class of 61, visited the Historic Office, 12-22-9, and helped Harriet & Mike affix
Alumni mailing labels on the “You’re Invited” Open House post cards.
For the upcoming “Open House” at the new PUHS Alumni District Office,
Tuesday, February 9th, 2010, from 3 to 6 PM.
at 2526 W. Osborn, Bldg. # 2, Phoenix.
Barry Paceley, an East High Alumni, Visited the Historic Office
Tuesday, 12-22-9, at the invitation of Harriet.
To see the office. The District Alumni Office on Osborn is
available to all Valley High School Alumni Association Members.
Mike Scully, 63, Bob Black, 52 and Dave Schuff, 48.
Oxaca for Lunch, 1-5-10
Gary Watters, 59, (Seated), Mickey Howell, 57, and Don Jackson, 59
Remember the times and friends at the PUHS Historic Office, 1-14-10.
Don was the docent (Volunteer) for the day.
Members of the Class of 1960 visited the Historic Center September 10th, 1960
Class of 1960> Website
The PUHS textbook covers that were available
from the bookstore.
See them now on display in the Historic Center.
Thanks to a donation of a set by Bob Black, Class of ’51
During the November 2011 Board Meeting.
Dr. Eugene Grigsby donated print # 43 of 96,
“Mask of Hope.”
as a Raffle Prize at the 2009 All Alumni Dinner / Dance.
Dr. Grigsby was The Art Department Director, and Art Teacher at PUHS from 1955 to 1966.
The print was won, and framed by Pete Zeaman., A.I.A.
Pete Zeaman donated it to the Historic Center.
You can see more of Dr. Grigsby’s Art at his
|M/Sgt. Gene Grigsby In Europe During WWII||PUHS Art
21/40 2011 11″ x 15″ Serigraph
by Eugene Grigsby, Jr.
Dr. Grigsby donated this print for the 3-31-12
Annual PUHS Alumni Picnic Raffle.
Click to enlarge. (Watermarked).
March 3rd, 2012 7th Street Clean Up
Frenchy M. L. Vieux Contractor did a lot of sidewalks near downtown, way back in time.
Noreen (Hart) Wingham, 64, Annette (McCoy) Wallace, ’53,
Ginger (Johnson) Clarkson, ’53 [center ]
Carol (Seaman) Perkins, ’52. and Susan (Hayes0 Osborn, ’52.
Ginger, Docent of the day, April 25th, 2012, invited her classmates, also all member
of the PUHS A’Capella Choir, to join her for a “salad luncheon”
Click photo to enlarge
Visitors are always welcome to visit the PUHS Historic Center.
Open for visitors Tuesday through Thursday, 10 to 2.
All the yearbooks are on the shelf for review.
Plus the yearbooks on DVD to play on the office TV / DVD Player.